Description of research activities
- Development of in situ electrochemical TEM in a liquid medium (Protochips select). Systems studied in situ: LiFePO4, Na-ion, LiS, silicon, graphene.
- In-situ gas / heating TEM experiments (LFP, perovskite)
- Local structural studies: high resolution by TEM corrected for spherical aberration and simulation of HR images (MactempasX, Dr. Probe, QSTEM).
- TXM tomographic measurements (X-ray microscopy transmission) in synchrotron radiation in μCT and nanoCT mode. Image processing associated with Computed Tomography (CT): reconstruction, segmentation and 3D analysis.
- Development of an electrochemical in situ cell for TXM tomography.
- Development of complex nanomaterials for colloidal energy.
- Materials Scientist at CNRS in RS2E network and in LRCS lab (Amiens, France, Oct 2014 from now)
- Assistant Researcher (IIT / Argonne National Lab, Chicago, USA, Sept. 2013 - Sept. 2014)
- Postdoctoral DoE (Argonne National Lab, Chicago, USA, Jan. 2010 - Aug. 2013)
- Postdoctorate CNRS (CNRS IPCMS Laboratory, Strasbourg, Sept. 2007 - Sept. 2009)
- Thesis (CNRS Laboratory LM2N, Pierre & Marie Curie University, Paris, Oct. 2003 - Apr. 2007)
- Master in Condensed Matter (University of Lyon, Sept. 2001 - Sept. 2003)
in situ Liquid-Electrichemical TEM and Gas/Heating TEM
Advanced HR- (S) TEM and HRTEM image simulation
(S) Conventional TEM (SAED, EDX, EELS, HAADF / ABF)
TXM μCT and nanoCT tomography (in synchrotron radiation), Reconstruction / segmentation / 3D analysis
Syntheses of complex nanomaterials for energy (colloidal route in organic solvent)
(1) ANR CASSIOPES: Caractérisations AvancéeS in Situ - Operando de micro-batteries 3D tout solide à ions lithium développées en couche mince par ALD (2017-2021):
(2) ERC Consolidator ARTISTIC (Alejandro Franco)
(3) Participant in the European project Horizon 2020 NAIADES (Na-Ion bAttery Demonstration for Electric Storage). (Advanced TEM characterizations).
(4) Participant in the European project Horizon 2020 HELIS (High Energy Lithium Sulfur Cells and Batteries). (Advanced TEM characterizations and TXM nano-CT).
(5) Participant in the ANR Deli Redox project (Development of High Capacity Li-Rich Layered Oxide Electrodes) led by Jean-Marie Tarascon. (TEM / SEM characterizations).
(6) Participant in the Picardie WONDERFUL project (thematic and structuring research project) led by Alejandro Franco: Wise Optimization and Deep Enhancement of Redox Flow batteries through UL- age modeling. (micro-fluidic in liquid TEM in situ).
(7) GDR-CNRS NANOPERANDO (executive office)
- Ph.D. in Nanomaterials Science, University of Pierre & Marie Curie (Paris 6) (2007)
- Masters in Materials Science & Physics (University of Lyon - ENS) (IPNL-ENSLyon) (2003)
- Bachelors in Physical Chemistry (Lyon 1 University) (2001)
- Supervision of PhD student and Postdoc scientists (2014 from now)
- Supervised Postgraduate student (Materials Chemistry), Nano-composite for luminescent solar concentrator devices (DOE program, ArgonneNL, CNM division, 2010-2011).
- TEM/HRTEM training and assisting of users at IPCMS/CNRS Institut (2007-2009).
- Supervised Masters Degree and PhD student (Materials Chemistry): self-assembled of magnetic iron oxide nanocrystals (IPCMS/CNRS institut, 2007-2009).
- Teaching assistant Optical Engineering Course: supervised, intructed, development of lectures, lab tutorials and graded students (ESIEE-Paris Engineering school, 2003-2006): (1) Optical instrument (Enrollment:2x30), (2) Electromagnetism (Enrollment:2x24)
Honor and Affiliation
- DOE-FY12 equipment awards ($100k) of liquid-cell TEM specimen holder.
- Fellowship from CNRS for Postdoctral appointee at IPCMS/CNRS Institut (2007-2009).
- Affiliation: ACS, MRS, APS, Midwest Microscopy & Microanalysis Society
- Journal referee: JASC, Chemistry of Materials, Nanoscale, ChemComm, Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, Journal of Materials Science, Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology.